Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011

I enjoyed the first leg of my journey: El Cerrito to Medford. The Peets decaf (??) mocha I had this morning (Thanks, Nancy!) put me in "conquer the road" mode.
Highlights:
Listening to Natasha Beddingfield (especially Wild Horses)
HEAT--!! It was 90 degrees just south of Willow along 505
Sights of beautiful Mt Shasta
Eating garlic foccaccia and chocolate w almonds--THANKS Stevish!!
Castle Crags--I've got to hike there someday--when I can restrain myself from going farther north
ABBA!
Some gorgeous hawks surveying the scene
Steve Winwood
Listening to the tape recordings I have made the past few months to prepare for my job at Denali
Nice, clear evening with no traffic.

I drove 370 miles and
I am in Oregon!!!
Crummy aspects:
A couple of bad accidents
Road Kill--especially raccoons and oppossums

Happy sleep and much love to all............................

No comments:

Post a Comment