Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Conclusion

It has been such a wonderful summer in so many ways. I am home now since Sunday night, readjusting, and trying to keep up with work demands......
I really enjoyed getting to know Alaska's Interior. It offers so much wildlife, hiking, rafting, views of the Alaska Range and Denali itself, a monumental massif which truly towers over everything else. I loved taking friendly people on hikes and getting to know them, even if for a short time before saying goodbye. I loved the beavers very much, and the peace of the lake when I walked there at night.
Some highways I took:
The Alaska Highway from Dawson Creek BC to Tok
The Parks Highway from Denali to Fairbanks
The Richardson Highway from Fairbanks to Tok
The Sterling Highway to the Kenai Peninsula
The State Highway to Whittier
The Top of the World Highway (aka The Taylor Highway) from Tok to Dawson City
The Glenn Highway from Tok to Palmer
The Cassiar Highway from Watson Lake, Yukon to Prince George, BC


Top of the World Highway


I am very grateful to be safe after driving so many miles. (over 9,000 in all)
Thanks for checking in on my blog!!
Mucho love,
Mare

No comments:

Post a Comment